Sunday, July 3, 2011

Summer Update 5; Part 1

Bonjour!

This Summer Update is going to be all about my weekend!

Saturday: We got up around 7:45 and got ready to go to a music festival. It was bluegrass music which is basically a form of country music! We were hittin' the road by about 9:45 and we arrived at the place at about 11:15. The music didn't start until 11:30 and our relatives that we were supposed to meet there weren't all there until about 1:00. My brother Hunter and I had to entertain our seven year-old cousin, Ryan and let me say, he's a handful! But, none the less, he's so cuute and says the funniest things! We played tic-tac-toe with frogs and turtles...don't WORRY! It was a game! Not real frogs and turtles! We also played with all his stuffed animals. He had a hay-day killing ants on our blanket with my flip-flops. It was rather amusing! Toward the end of the day, around like 6 something, the three of us were chilling by a fence near the road because Hunter and Ryan had been watching firetrucks go by, we ate gummy butterflies and waved at random cars going by! We were trying to get them to honk at us! We had about 28 waves, 8 honks, 1 point, and 1 cheer! ;P It was so fun! Then the dark clouds started rolling in and many people, like my family and our relatives, started packing up and heading for the cars. Some people just moved back into the tents for shelter and the bands kept on playin' away! Here's a picture of the dark sky:

Personally, I think the sky was darker....like legit. If you think that is dark, the sky was honestly muuuch darker than that! I was scared! We were carrying all of the lawn chairs and such, heading for the car, trying not to get rained on...or struck by lightning. The wind was picking up and the sky seemed to be getting darker by the second! I thought it seemed like something from an action movie! (Put THAT in your book Sunny!)
We did get to the car safe and sound and drove home. When we arrived in our city..the sky seemed sooooooooooooo dark in our neighbourhood! Darker than that picture! /: Creeeeeeepy...!
We checked the weather on the computer and it said severe thunderstorm warning....but there wasn't much of a severe thunderstorm...just some lightning, thunder, rain and a little wind..nothing to hide under the covers about! It even said on the computer that it could cause a tornado..but we were fiiiiiiine!

Once we got home, we basically just relaxed and went to bed..we were soo tired! In the afternoon, the breeze went away at one point and it was boiiiiling hot! But we all survived and it was cooler in the evening.

Well, that's it from me for today! My hands are getting tired from frantically typing..so I'll post what we did today, in a post tomorrow(:

SeeYah!

Destiny♥

P.S. I almost wrote Dakota! /: (She's one of my blogging BFF's!) I'm honestly losing it! ;P

3 comments:

  1. LOL way to keep it together, Des. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol:P Thanks for the plug!

    You are HONESTLY losing it:P hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Destiny DiddlesworthJuly 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM

    @Kota; ...oh I know. ;P <3
    @Sunny; haha no probs! and yes, yes I am!

    ReplyDelete